Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
2 cups reduced-fat Bisquick baking mix
3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk (1 percent fat)
1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons Fleischmann’s fat free buttery spread
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, crushed fine
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the baking mix, milk, and cheddar cheese in a medium bowl. Mix by hand until well combined.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions (about 3 tablespoons each) and spoon onto a lightly greased or nonstick cookie sheet. Flatten each biscuit with your fingers.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the buttery spread with the garlic powder. Heat this mixture for 30 seconds in the microwave, then brush a light coating over the top of each biscuit immediately after removing them from the oven. Sprinkle a dash of parsley over the top of each biscuit.
This makes 12 biscuits
To make the parsley flakes, as can be found on the original, simply crush the flakes between your thumb and forefinger.